Belmont Thornton Logo
Claim Back Loan Insurance

Loan Protection Agreements

Loan insurance, also known as payment protection insurance (PPI), is often pushed by lenders who are motivated to earn higher profits through additional interest and commissions paid by insurance companies. Each time loan protection insurance policies are sold the lender receives a commission, and the total amount of the policy premium is added to the loan, thereby increasing monthly repayments as well. In fact, the Financial Ombudsman Service found that a significant number of lenders generated the majority of their profit via commissions earned through the sale of PPI policies. Many loan protection agreements using vague terminology to describe the payment protection insurance policy and some lenders will fail to mention the policy completely, stating only that the loan is "secured".

Yearly Statistics for Loan Protection Agreements

It is estimated that anywhere from 70,000 to 100,000 UK borrowers will attempt to recover payment protection insurance payments during the next 12 to 24 months. Almost 30% of the claims sent to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) each year are directly related to PPI policies, while about two thirds of the complaints examined pertain to various types of lending products. While 85% of PPI policyholders are denied repayment assistance, studies conducted by the financial ombudsman service (FOS) have revealed that a single PPI policy premium account for as much as 56% of an unsecured personal loan. Unfortunately, several million PPI policies will be mis-sold this year, and many more consumers will be deceived into spending thousands of pounds on unnecessary coverage.

Disputing Loan Protection Agreements

Reclaiming PPI is less of a challenge now that a handful of financial authorities have published studies about the improper sale of PPI policies in the UK. Any time a lender fails to describe a policy terms and conditions, or persuade the borrower into purchasing a policy unnecessarily there is a good chance that all of the funds spent on PPI can be recovered. Policies that were mis-sold and financed by the financial institution in the form of a single premium are usually refunded with less scrutiny because of the obvious motivation for profit. Analysis conducted by a major financial authority revealed that just 5% of the PPI policies reviewed were actually sold in accordance with FSA guidelines, with the other 95% being mis-sold because of unethical salesmanship or misleading information.

Chances of Recovering Funds Spent Due to Loan Protection Agreements

While it may be intimidating to file a claim against a major bank, is actually the responsibility of the lender to prove that they sold the policy in accordance with FSA guidelines, regardless of the financial institution's previous reputation. This is especially true now that investigations directed by the Financial Services Authority have demonstrated that the majority of PPI policies are mis-sold, giving many borrowers hold that there Loan insurance claims will be honoured this year.


Tell a Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus

Enquiry Form

First Name 
Last Name 
Mobile Phone
Home Phone
Address Line 1 
Town
County
Post Code 
Email 
Circumstances
Claim Back Mis-Sold PPI Button

Why Choose Us?

  • TickAbsolutely No Upfront Costs. No Win No Fee*
  • TickSpecialist Claims Team Always On Hand To Answer Your Questions
  • TickQuick, Easy And Simple Process
  • TickU.K. Based Call Center
  • TickGuaranteed To Start Your Claim In 24 Hours

Belmont Thornton Limited is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities; our registration is recorded on the website www.gov.uk/moj/cmr number 18273

Belmont Thornton Limited is incorporated in England and Wales, Company number 6621233, whose head office at Unit B16, Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, Bristol, BS20 7AN and registered office at Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.

Belmont Thornton Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Registration number Z1728023.

Please note that calls may be monitored for the purposes of staff training.

* Belmont Thornton operates on a "No Win No Fee" basis. This means that there are no upfront costs to pay. Our fee only becomes payable on a successful outcome of a claim. A cancellation fee is payable if you decide that having instructed Belmont Thornton to act on your behalf, and after 14 days of signing your Letter of Authority, you do not wish to continue pursuing your claim with us. The cancellation fee is the reasonable costs incurred for the work undertaken. Please see our terms of engagement.

By using our web-site, you agree that we can place the types of cookies described in our privacy policy on your device.Hide