Natwest Loan protection
For years many people regarded loan insurance as an essential aspect of personal borrowing. The insurance was perceived as being a valuable safety net to protect against financial hardship if the borrower should become involuntarily unemployed. The cover has fallen out of favour in recent times, though, after it was revealed it had been widely mis-sold.
The mis-selling scandal means that many thousands of people may have been mis-sold a policy they did not want, did not need or were ineligible to use.
In order for your Natwest loan protection policy to be considered correctly sold you should have been asked several key questions as well as being given important information regarding the cover. If your lender failed to assess your circumstances or to provide you with full information you may be entitled to make a claim. Below is a list of some of the key pieces of information and questions you should have been asked.
- You should have been given full information regarding the costs of the cover.
- You should have been given full information regarding the terms and conditions of the cover.
- Any exemptions should have been explained to you.
- You should have been asked about your employments status.
- You should have been asked whether you had any pre-existing medical conditions.
- You should have been asked whether you had payment protection insurance cover in place elsewhere.
- You should have been asked whether you were entitled to full sick pay from your employer.
If you feel your payment protection policy was mis-sold and you are entitled to make a mis sold PPI claim, you can start today by calling our claims team on 0207 471 2000. We can also help you to recover unfair charges applied to your credit card for exceeding your limit or making a late payment.
blog comments powered by