- Have You Taken Out A Loan In The Last 10 Years?
- Did You Have Payment Protection Insurance (PPI)?
- Did You Know You Could Claim Your Money Back...
Belmont Thornton, The Payment Protection (PPI) Claim Company.
Join the thousands of people who have already claimed back their money because they were mis-sold a Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Policy with their loan, credit card, mortgage or hire purchase agreement. With our No Win, No Fee* service you can be sure that there are absolutely no upfront costs. Apply online now to be sent a claims pack or call us on 0207 471 2000 to speak to one of our claims management team.
What is PPI?
PPI stands for Payment Protection Insurance. It is a type of insurance commonly added to loans, mortgages, credit cards and hire purchase agreements. PPI is designed to take over repayments if the borrower is unable to work due to unemployment or ill health.
Why is PPI so controversial?
The problem with PPI is the way in which it was sold. In 2006 The Citizens Advice Bureau launched a super complaint branding the sale of PPI 'the biggest protection racket of all time.' As a result of this complaint, The Office of Fair Trading and The Financial Services Authority released reports expressing concern that many people may have been mis-sold policies.
The reports opened the door for people who believe they have been Mis-sold ppi to make claim. In fact, the number of people making Payment Protection Insurance Claims has hit a record high as consumers turn on banks and demand their money back. In 2010 alone The Financial Ombudsman reviewed 49,196 cases of alleged mis-selling up from 31,066 in 2009. Belmont Thornton has already helped more than 60,000 people reclaim over £50 million from their lender and you could be just a click or a call away from starting your PPI claim.
How was PPI mis-sold?
There are many ways in which PPI policies have been mis-sold. Some examples include: staff using high pressure selling techniques or misleading people into believing they had an improved chance of being given credit if they took out insurance; policy conditions and exemptions not being fully explained and costs not being made clear.
It was also discovered that many banks were selling policies to people whose circumstances made them unsuitable. For example, people who were unemployed; retired or in full time education and who, therefore, did not need loss of employment cover. Most worrying of all, it has emerged that many people had PPI policies attached to their loans without being told. This means you may have been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance and not even realise.
How do I know whether my policy was mis-sold?
The check list below includes many of the common ways in which policies were mis-sold. If you answer 'yes' to any of the following it is highly likely you may be able to claim PPI refunds.
- Were you told you had to have PPI?
- Were you told you could only have the loan, or had an improved chance of being approved for credit, if you took out the PPI?
- Did you have payment protection insurance in place elsewhere or were you entitled to sick pay from your employer?
- Were you unemployed, retired or in full time education when you were sold the policy?
- Did you have a pre-existing medical condition?
- Did your lender fail to explain the terms, conditions and exemptions of the policy to you?
- Did your lender fail to make the full cost of the policy clear?
How can I make a PPI claim?
We aim to make claiming back bank charges as easy as possible and could resolve your claim in just eight weeks. If you believe you have been mis-sold PPI and you would like to make a claim simply complete the quick claim form or call 0207 471 2000 to speak to one of our team. There is no limit to the number of PPI claims you can make and, remember, you could have PPI on your loan, credit cards, mortgage, store card or even on the hire purchase agreement for your car. Here at Belmont Thornton we have a great deal of experience dealing with these types of claims and we work on a No Win No Fee* basis. So, why not complete our quick claim form, you really could be owed thousands!
Why you may be able to claim?
- You Felt Pressurised To Take Out The Policy
- You Didn't Know How Much It Really Cost
- You Thought It Was Included In The Loan
- You Received Sick Pay From Work
- Your Age Meant You Wouldn't Qualify
- Your Employment Status
- You Had An Existing Policy
- You Didn't Need It
- Your Medical History
- You Weren't Offered Advice
- You Were About To Leave Work
- You Worried About Being Approved